Wednesday, April 18, 2012
On April 21st, I'm going to be a guest, well, Majesty technically, the sports loving yapper from Kings & Queens, is going to be a guest on the Indie Writers Review blog. She hip checked me out of the Q&A. Can you believe it? Well, you know how she is, all gabby with a tongue of fire and whatnot, and if you don't know about her, you should find out. My eBooks only $0.99 currently, so it's a cheap way to meet some new friends and delve into a dark and twisted young adult thriller.
Well, anyway, at the IWR, Blogger Michelle Cornwall-Jordan has this cool thing called Mind Tracks, where writers can share the songs that inspired their book. So if you want to see what mine is, you'll have to check it out on the 21st. So, I included several songs, I'm not sure which couple she'll pick, but I included six or seven songs, so I hope she chooses Stuck on Me by Lionel Richie because I made my very own, and first, love montage for it. The song inspired the love journey in my book and even gets a mention in the book.
I had a blast fun making it. I'm not sure how long it will last because Youtube is inconsistent about their copyright rules, but montages and covers are everywhere, I even have some favorited.
But, here's my montage for Stuck on You by Lionel Richie.
Let me know what you think. If you like it, please like it and comment on youtube, so it can rise in the ranks. Thanks!
Kindle Kings & Queens
Nook Kings & Queens
All eVersions of Kings & Queens
~ Signing off and sending out cyber hugs.
Monday, April 16, 2012
My publisher, Little Prince Publishing, is celebrating the awesome 15k sales of author, Sybil Nelson, who wrote the hilarious Priscilla the Great series that is scorching across the web. Little Prince Publishing is giving away a Kindle Fire, $50 in LPP books, and a $25 Amazon gift card. Check out the other awesome authors with my publishing company's website.
There are tons of ways to enter the contest. One way to get extra entries is to buy copies of LPP books or leave reviews for LPP books. You can also blog about the giveaway. Buying any LPP books gets you the most points, but there's no obligation to buy any.
~ Signing off and sending out cyber hugs
Monday, April 9, 2012
To enter the GRAND PRIZE contest, collect all of the phrases from the participating authors in this hop, return to Dianna's site and use her Google form to enter.
Line 35: Adorned by a flutter of bees and butterflies?
Line 36: Perhaps they're swaying to the breeze, wild and free.
April 9th –April 18th
¼ cup plus 2/3 cup sugar
¼ cup fresh lemon juice
¼ cup water
¼ teaspoon almond extract
1/3 cup rum (or liquor of your choice) or fruit juice
1 pre-made angel food cake
1 pound cream cheese, at room temperature
2 cups heavy cream, at room temperature
2 pints blueberries
2 pints strawberries, hulled and sliced
5 ounces of instant vanilla pudding, prepared
- Make a syrup by heating 1/4 c. sugar, lemon juice and 1/4 cup water in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir until the sugar dissolves. Remove from the heat and stir in the almond extract.
- Cut the angel food cake into 1-inch cubes and spread out on a cookie sheet. Brush both sides of each slice of cake with the syrup. Cut the slices into 1-inch cubes.
- Beat the remaining 2/3 cup sugar and the cream cheese with a mixer on medium speed until smooth and light. Add the cream and beat on medium-high speed until smooth and the consistency of whipped cream.
- Arrange half of the cake cubes in the bottom of a 13-cup trifle dish. Sprinkle evenly with a layer of blueberries. Cover with a sprinkling of liquor or rum and a layer of pudding. Dollop half of the cream mixture over the blueberries and gently spread. Top with a layer of strawberries, liquor and pudding.
- Save a handful of fruit for garnish and then repeat the layers (cake, blueberries, pudding, cream). Arrange the remaining strawberries and blueberries in a decorative pattern to garnish.
Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
Enter to win a Triple Pack of YA eBooks from Little Prince Publishing.
I am giving away 3!
A shy, black ballerina from the ghetto, who’s on a dance scholarship at the prestigious Bridgeton Academy, suffers the wrath of three ruthless girls when she attracts the attention of the star, white basketball player and unwittingly becomes the most popular girl in school. Their exploits jeopardize her dream of becoming a world class dancer.
Book #2: Songbird by Angela Fristoe
Finally settled in a safe foster home,17-year-old Dani Mays yearns to squelch the constant torment from witnessing her father murder her brother in childhood and find love in the arms of her best friend, Reece. But Reece's spurning, her clingy, wretched memories and a resurfacing monster all threaten her chances of finding peace and love.
Book #3: Kings & Queens by me, Courtney, Vail
When a 17-year-old tomboy can’t budge police in her sleepy, rich town after overhearing two fellow students planning a church massacre, she aims to ID the nutjobs herself before they act. But, their agenda turns out to be far bigger than she ever assumed, and she becomes the centerpiece in a ruthless game that casts even her closest friends under suspicion.