Thursday, August 14, 2008

Getting Quality Feedback

If you've got a finished product or nearly so, it's great to have your aunt, former English teacher or best friend proof and critique your work, but if you want to branch out of your comfort zone and get quality feedback from fellow writers and eager readers, check out The Next Big Writer.

It's free for anyone to sign up as reviewer, and costs a minimal membership fee for those who want to post work. And because it's a password-protected site and you're technically posting work-in-progress, you still hold first publication rights. I joined as a reviewer at first to survey the lay of the land and I was astounded by the excellent work being posted and the feedback authors were getting, so I decided to post my own work. I am so ecstatic I did. I've met some amazing writers and reviewers and my work wouldn't be the same without them. They're awesome. Take a peek and see if it's for you.

~ Signing off and sending out cyber hugs

No comments:

Post a Comment