Since pomegranates and blueberries are the perfect Jedi knights to bring balance to the force, what better way to get your fill than by combining all that healthy awesomeness in a delicious smoothie?
You can use any berries, but I prefer blueberries. And using frozen berries gives the smoothie a nice frothy texture. If you don’t have frozen fruit, add a few ice cubes to the mix.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 4 oz. Lite or regular blueberry yogurt
- 4 oz. Pomegranate juice (real juice not a cheap coctail blend)
- 1/2 medium banana. (I like it golden yellow and freckly, especially in a smoothie. If it’s got a hint of green, the smoothie can taste too waxy.)
- 3/4 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Honey to taste, about 1-2 tbsps
~ Signing off and sending out cyber hugs.