To enter the GRAND PRIZE contest, collect all of the phrases from the participating authors in this hop, return to Dianna's site and use her Google form to enter.
Line 35: Adorned by a flutter of bees and butterflies?
Line 36: Perhaps they're swaying to the breeze, wild and free.
April 9th –April 18th
¼ cup plus 2/3 cup sugar
¼ cup fresh lemon juice
¼ cup water
¼ teaspoon almond extract
1/3 cup rum (or liquor of your choice) or fruit juice
1 pre-made angel food cake
1 pound cream cheese, at room temperature
2 cups heavy cream, at room temperature
2 pints blueberries
2 pints strawberries, hulled and sliced
5 ounces of instant vanilla pudding, prepared
- Make a syrup by heating 1/4 c. sugar, lemon juice and 1/4 cup water in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir until the sugar dissolves. Remove from the heat and stir in the almond extract.
- Cut the angel food cake into 1-inch cubes and spread out on a cookie sheet. Brush both sides of each slice of cake with the syrup. Cut the slices into 1-inch cubes.
- Beat the remaining 2/3 cup sugar and the cream cheese with a mixer on medium speed until smooth and light. Add the cream and beat on medium-high speed until smooth and the consistency of whipped cream.
- Arrange half of the cake cubes in the bottom of a 13-cup trifle dish. Sprinkle evenly with a layer of blueberries. Cover with a sprinkling of liquor or rum and a layer of pudding. Dollop half of the cream mixture over the blueberries and gently spread. Top with a layer of strawberries, liquor and pudding.
- Save a handful of fruit for garnish and then repeat the layers (cake, blueberries, pudding, cream). Arrange the remaining strawberries and blueberries in a decorative pattern to garnish.
Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
Enter to win a Triple Pack of YA eBooks from Little Prince Publishing.
I am giving away 3!
A shy, black ballerina from the ghetto, who’s on a dance scholarship at the prestigious Bridgeton Academy, suffers the wrath of three ruthless girls when she attracts the attention of the star, white basketball player and unwittingly becomes the most popular girl in school. Their exploits jeopardize her dream of becoming a world class dancer.
Book #2: Songbird by Angela Fristoe
Finally settled in a safe foster home,17-year-old Dani Mays yearns to squelch the constant torment from witnessing her father murder her brother in childhood and find love in the arms of her best friend, Reece. But Reece's spurning, her clingy, wretched memories and a resurfacing monster all threaten her chances of finding peace and love.
Book #3: Kings & Queens by me, Courtney, Vail
When a 17-year-old tomboy can’t budge police in her sleepy, rich town after overhearing two fellow students planning a church massacre, she aims to ID the nutjobs herself before they act. But, their agenda turns out to be far bigger than she ever assumed, and she becomes the centerpiece in a ruthless game that casts even her closest friends under suspicion.