Friday, January 23, 2009

Yearly Resolution & Goals

Every year people make resolutions for things they'd like to change, overcome or adopt. I haven't really made any resolutions this year. I have no vices or ails that need fixin, and even if I did, any half-hearted attempts to try would probably lose steam by Valentine's Day, as most resolutions fade to such a fate.

I did however, make some writing goals. It's important for me to have a game plan of things I want to accomplish this year, in terms of my writing career.

Here's my to-do list for 2009:

1. Finish Sapphire Reign, my sequel to Kings & Queens, easier said than done.

2. Begin another book. (I'm not as quick with ideas as my friend the Jedi Princess.)

3. Keep up with my blog.

4. Polish K&Q with one more round of edits after all critiques are in.

5. Polish up my submission pieces.

6. Begin submitting to agents. Hopefully, I'll be signed for representation by the end of the year, so my family members will stop rolling their eyes.

7. Cut down on sports so I can get more work done. hahahahaha. Not! (1992 flashback.)

I yearn for the prize of publication, and I can't accomplish that without setting out a course of action. My critique group is nearly done with my novel, K&Q, so I'm a few months away from stuffing envelopes with SASEs and printouts of my winning query. What are you hoping to accomplish this year?

~ Signing off and sending out cyber hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment