Friday, May 1, 2009

May Mania ~ Stretch #1

Spring is a time when my plume productivity drops off big time because sports is a huge distraction for me. After a long winter, it's difficult to ignore the call of the wild when the weather's so nice. I'm just getting back into a running routine, cuz I hibernate when it's bitter cold, and I want to be out, out, out, frolicking, hiking, playing flag football, running with my pack. Writing becomes a bit of chore in this welcoming season that promises fun times. But I need to write and finish my book.

If you're like me, you sometimes just need little nudges to get creative juices flowing and to make writing fun again. So, nearly every day in the month of May, I will give a writing exercise you can use to tickle your inner writer. Become a May Maniac and pen something beyond napkin scraps. As writers we need to pay attention to details. Here's an easy stretch to kick off a most productive May.

Eat something with multiple tastes like a chocolate covered cherry or strawberry, a slice of apple with peanut butter or a piece of steak drenched in your favorite sauce and describe everything about it from the appearance, colors, textures and flavors to the emotions and sensations it piques in your body.

You can do it. Be a May Maniac and get writing.

~ Signing off and sending out cyber hugs.

1 comment:

  1. [...] during May – one for (almost) every day of the month. There’s lots of good ideas here. May Mania ~ Stretch #1, May Mania ~ Stretch #2, May Mania ~ Stretch #3, May Mania ~ Stretch #4, May Mania ~ Stretch #5, [...]

    ReplyDelete